Friday, September 29, 2006

The Master Cleanser







Sorry to those who hate this kind of crap (everyone, apparently). This will be short and sweet (literally, just like my cleanse!):

I really and truly and honestly and actually started the Lemonade Cleanse today. Wow. I've been saying this all summer, but the truth is that it's better to cleanse in the winter when there aren't as many organic fruits and vegetables available for daily consumption. We had so many veggies this year I couldn't bear to go 10 days without eating any.

Honest to God, that is the ONLY reason I didn't go through with my cleanse.

Yeah. Anyway, I'm only going on a 5 or 6 day cleanse because that's all the time I have. I am going to Calgary next weekend for a wedding; needless to say, not even in my wildest fantasies could I hope to cleanse through that. It's hard enough for me to not be the person that drinks the most out of everyone at a party. (Read that sentence again - I'm serious.)However, I figure it's better than nothing, even though the minimum is supposed to be 10 days.

Unfortunately, I got off to a bit of a rocky start because I didn't have my first glass of juice until around 3PM, so I'm starving right now. My mom is making tomato sauce and I would die for a plate of pasta right about now. Already. But I only ate fruit all day yesterday and then salmon and salad for dinner. Oh yeah, then I had two glasses of wine and two Spanish coffees. Whoops.

Anyhow, I am so excited to put my social life on hold. Now I have an excuse for not having to go out and spend every last penny of my savings having a bad time! Just kidding, I always have a good time, but I also always spend too much money. I'm saving up to own something.

Wish me luck. I'll need it.

Oh, by the way, I don't think I'm completely screwed in the job department. Not yet, anyway.

No comments: